2. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
Registration and use information – When you register to use our Services by establishing an Account, we will collect Personal Data as necessary to offer and fulfil the Services you request. Depending on the Services you choose, we may require you to provide us with your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and identification information to establish an Account. We may require you to provide us with additional Personal Data as you use our Services.
Transaction and experience information – When you use our Services, for example, to make purchases from merchants, to process payments, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information.
Participant information – When you use our Services, we collect Personal Data you provide us with the other participants associated with the transaction.
Receive money – When you receive money through the Services, we collect Personal Data such as name,postal address, telephone number, and financial account information about the participant who is sending money to you. The extent of Personal Data required about a participant may vary depending on the Services you are using to receive money.
Information about you from third-party sources – We obtain information from third-party sources such as merchants, data providers, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law.
Other information we collect related to your use of our Sites or Services – We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
3. Why Do We Retain Personal Data
4. How Do We Process Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data or other information for the following reasons:
5. Do We Share Personal Data
We may process your information for the following reasons:
• To operate the Sites and provide the Services, including to:
o initiate a payment, send money
o authenticate your access to an Account;
o communicate with you about your Account, the Sites, the Services, or VALUEPAY;
o create an account connection between your Account and a third-party account or platform; and
o perform credit worthiness and other financial standing checks, evaluate applications, and compare information for accuracy and verification purposes.
o keep your Account and financial information up to date.
• To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Sites’ performance and functionality. For example, we analyze User behaviour and perform research about the way you use our Services.
• To manage risk and protect the Sites, the Services and you from fraud by verifying your identity. VALUEPAY’s risk and fraud tools use Personal Data, Device Information, Technical Usage Data and Geolocation Information from our Sites and websites that offer VALUEPAY Services to help detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Services.
• To market to you about VALUEPAY products and Services and the products and services of unaffiliated businesses. We may also Process your Personal Data to uniquely tailor the marketing content and certain Services or Site experiences to better match your interests on VALUEPAY and other third-party websites.
• To provide you with location-specific options, functionality or offers if you elect to share your Geolocation Information through the Services. We will use this information to enhance the security of the Sites and Services and provide you with location-based Services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
• To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Sites and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
• To respond to your requests, for example, to contact you about a question you submitted to our customer service team.
7. What Privacy Choices Are Available To You
Choices Relating to the Personal Data We Collect
Choices Relating to Cookies
8. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account/profile registration information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current. We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Data that we share with a third-party based on an account connection that you have authorized.